Vancouver BC Vocal Lessons - Singing Lessons - Online Singing Lessons
Help Your Singing Career
Vancouver BC Vocal Lessons - Singing Lessons - Online Singing Lessons
LIVE SHOW TRAINING Tom Jackson Productions
AGENTS USA and Canadian
- American Federation of Music: This union lists many more in North America. Click link and select province or state.
- Creative Artists Agency
- Dean Artists Management: Toronto, ON-- Canada's largest classical agency for singers, conductors and opera stage directors/choreographers.
- Jeff Roberts & Associates: (USA): is a Christian music booking agency celebrating over 28 years in ministry-driven artist representation
- Siegel Entertainment Ltd: Vancouver, BC
- The Feldman Agency: Vancouver, BC & Toronto, ON-- Canada's leading full-service music booking agents
- United Talent Agency Group
- WME: Formed in 1898, William Morris Agency is the longest-running talent agency. In 2009, WMA merged with Endeavor to become one of the leading entertainment and media companies with an unparalleled list of artists and content creators. In 2014, WME acquired IMG, the global leader in sports, events, media and fashion, forming WME | IMG.
- Turner Music and Events: Vancouver, BC: agency that books live music, dance, comedy, spoken word, keynote speakers
- Yap Tracker: Find and track 1000's of opera auditions and vocal competitions
CD'S, DVD's, and BLU-RAY
COMPETITIONS: North America and International
The Voice - NBC: USA Only | Audition Process | Guidelines | Video Sbumissions | Eligibility | Year Round Audtions.
Yap Tracker: Find and track 1000's of opera auditions and vocal competitions
International -- Opera -- Art Song-- Oratorio --
FUNDING RESOURCES -- British Columbia, Canada, USA
Private Foundations -- Canada and USA --
Other Arts and Service Organizations
Vancouver and Toronto -- Labels, Managers, Presenters, Producers, Publishers
Alberta -- Promoter --
LANGUAGES: So you want to sing OPERA!!!! ITALIAN, FRENCH, GERMAN
- If you decide you ever want to explore more operatic singing in French, Italian, German etc. hunt down recordings produced by Walter Legge: He produced for many extraordinary singers like Maria Callas and many others.
When in doubt about how to pronounce anything, consider Walter Legge's recordings by native singers of Italian as the standard.
- NICO CASTEL of New York, has written excellent translations and pronunciations for every known opera. You can find them at any university music library. There are several volumes! Great resource. http://www.leyerlepublications.com/?v=op_lib
NEWS (INDUSTRY RE-LATED SITES)
- Billboard: From the latest music news and music reviews, to Billboard music charts, music articles, videos + more.
- Jazz Review: Where people talk about Jazz since 1997
- Jazz Times: Features daily news, CD reviews, discussion forums, festival listings, merchandise, and contests.
- Down Beat: Jazz, Blues and Beyond
- Broadway World: #1 site for Broadway Shows, Theatre, Live Entertainment, Tickets and more!
- Musical America: International directory of performing arts organizations-- latest business news, careers and contacts for the performing arts
- Operagasm: Opera news, auditions, competitions, performances, reviews and much more...
- Opera America: National Service Organization that assists artists and opera companies
- Opera Canada: Opera in Canada
- Opera News: Published by Metropolitan Opera Guild
- Opera Scene: Quarterly bi-lingual magazine promoting classical music in Canada. Classical Music Daily News. Opera News.
PERFORMANCES: GREAT ONES!!
- WILLIAM FERGUSON: GREAT CLASSICAL SINGER, GREAT ACTOR. Watch and take notes. A master at work, or should we say he's just having fun! Click recital when you get to his Website
Health Arts Society Since 2006 over 5,000 high-quality professional Concerts in Care have brought the rich experience of performance arts to people in residential care.
Opera -- VANCOUVER, BC --
Plays/Popular music/Musicals -- VANCOUVER, BC --
Pop -- OKANAGAN, BC
Street Entertainment -- Vancouver, BC -- busking
PROMOTERS -- TIPS --
- Vancouver Rock Space http://vancouverrockspace.com/
SOCIETIES -- CANADIAN -- BC and National
- CMRRA: The Canadian Musical Reproduction Rights Agency Ltd. It issues licenses and collects royalties for the use of music on CDs and other products.
- Music BC Industry Association
- SOCAN: Society of Composers, Authors and Music Publishers of Canada. SOCAN is the Canadian copyright collective that administers the performing rights of more than 100,000 composer, author and music publisher members by licensing the use of their music in Canada. We collect licence fees on their behalf and distribute royalties to them.
- SODRAC: Society for reproduction rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers in Canada. SODRAC is a collective management society within the meaning of the Copyright Act. It grants licences for all reproductions of musical and artworks. SODRAC represents authors, composers, music publishers and creators and co-creators of artistic works. Its society also represents heirs of rights, titles and interests in a work following an author’s death.
STYLE & IMAGE Consulting
- Pink & Grey - Vancouver - As seen on Urban Rush and Breakfast Television Vancouver
- Sarah Danniels: Vancouver Fashion and Wardrobe Sylist
- They Representation: Vancouver Photographers, Hair Stylists, Stylists, Make-up, Props and Nails.
TOURING (soft-seat theatre market)
Performing Arts Service Organizations -- CANADA -- Showcase your solo or group act
Canada – West to East
United States -- showcase your solo or group act
USA Companies that Book Tours for soft-seat theatre market
Acting Classes -- Vancouver --
Kids and Teens: a screen acting program for kids and teens
Adults: on-camera classes for the novice to the accomplished actor
Art Song -- Training for classical singers -- North America (Canada and USA) and Europe
Ear Training: Perfect Pitch vs. Relative Pitch: How do they compare? Buy course online or buy used.
Jazz -- Camp Guide -- complete online form to access info
Musical Theatre ----Young Singers -- Summer Music Camp -- Vancouver and beyond
Opera -- Professional training-- North America (Canada and USA)
- The Academy of Vocal Arts (Philadelphia, PA) 4-Year resident Program
- Domingo-Cafritz Young Artist Program (Washington, DC) 2 year residency program
- Domingo-Thornton Young Artist Program (Los Angeles, CA) 2-3 years paid residency for singers/pianists
- Glimmerglass Young Artist Program: Cooperstown, NY-- Summer Festival
- Lindemann Young Artist Development Program: (New York, NY) Metropolitan Opera: one year residency with annual renewal for up to three years
- Houston Grand Opera (Houston, TX) HGO Young Artists Vocal Academy (undergrads: one week)
- Houston Grand Opera Houston, TX) HGO Studio 1-3 year residency.
- Merola Opera program: San Francisco, CA-- Summer Opera Training (San Francisco Opera Center)
- Music Academy of the West: Santa Barbara, CA a classical singer summer festival
- San Francisco Adler Fellows: a renewable year-long residency offered to selected singers and coaches who have completed the Merola Opera Program.
- The Ryan Opera Center Ensemble: (Chicago, Il) -- 12-month residency (Lyric Opera of Chicago)
Popular Music -- Speech-Level Singing -- summer events and workshops -- all popular musical styles
Various Arts Discliplines -- The Banff Centre -- Canada -- Summer Training and ongoing residencies.
Vocal/Language Coach and Pianist- Kinza Tyrrell 604-230-2903 Vancouver, BC -- Vancouver Opera --
Vocal Training Books:
- Seth Riggs: Speech-Level Singing
- Singing for the Stars (Seth Riggs): Available online. Includes 2 Cd's which demonstrate all of the vocal exercises. You can use the Cd's to practice your vocal exercises whether you're a bass, baritone, tenor, counter-tenor, alto, mezzo soprano, or soprano. Available at music stores. Vancouver Long & McQuade for example.
- Richard Miller:
Click here for a comprehensive list. Mostly USA
American Federation of Musicians: Canada and USA
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
The Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists: ACTRA
Union of BC Performers
VISAS - Performing in the USA
RAZCo Visas: Ron Zeelens, Esq. 254 West 54th Street, 14th Flr. New York, New York 10019 Phone: 212-757-1289 Fax: 212 586 5175 Issues that need to be worked out before booking a tour. Nonimmigrant visas such as "O-1" and "P-1" visas. This route enables you to get a one-year visa where you can enter and leave the USA as many times as you wish for a whole year with your band. Plan early, otherwise you may have to pay a fee to rush the paperwork.
American Federation of Musicians: Find the closest Canadian Local and they will tell you how becoming a member can enable you to process paperwork to get a visa for the USA. This option can often be cheaper especially if you have bookings every month of the year. Plan early, otherwise you may have to pay a fee to rush the paperwork.
LEARN ABOUT LESSON RATES
9 East Broadway
Vancouver, BC, V5T 1V4 Canada
Copyright © 2011-2019 Paul Ouellette